IKAT EXTRA WEFT
EXTRA WARP NATURAL DYE
Our Prakritik collection denotes “Dyeing sarees the natural way".
Weavers & artisans have used naturally occurring dyes for thousands of years.
We at Vani Vrtti are rediscovering the joy & abundance of natural colors and the benefits of using them. We have combined the skills of our pure natural fiber handloom and handcrafted sarees with the utmost beautiful experience of dyeing its yarns in naturally derived pigments.
At Vani Vrtti we have mostly used vegetable dyes derived from leaves, flowers, fruits, stems, roots, few mineral and insect resins-based natural dyes. Many of our natural dyed sarees are treated with Haldi providing healing properties to our skin. Also, you will be experiencing unique organic fragrances as you closely inhale the saree surface.
Listing down the benefits of Natural Dyes:
1. Natural dyes are biodegradable and disposing of them doesn’t cause pollution.
2. Natural dyes are obtained from renewable sources that can be harnessed without imposing harm to the environment.
3. Natural dyes are gentle on your skin and are free from chemicals and carcinogens. They are made from what Mother Nature has made available to us.
4. Natural dyes provide higher UV absorption in the fabrics they are used on. By wearing clothes dyed naturally, you are able to protect your skin from the sun’s harmful rays.
5. If you’re looking for a soft earthy hue or soothing shade, natural dyes can help you achieve that look.
Saree length 5.5 meters (approx)
Blouse piece 75 cm (approx)
The saree color is derived from Indigo.
The right care keeps your treasured handlooms safe, for years to come.
· Dry clean only
· Store the garments in a muslin cloth bag
· Keep the garments in a cool, dry place & away from sunlight
· Air your garments every few months
· Take professional help to iron your garments
· Bring them out regularly & wear them with pride
The handmade process is an art. Handwoven textiles tend to have natural variations in colors & weave. These imperfections & variations cannot be termed as defects.
Please note since the saree is naturally dyed, there may be some slight color bleeding during the first few washes, but this will not affect its overall beauty and color.